Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I'm looking forward to spring

As I have gotten older, I have become less patient with winter. Maybe it is because it is sandwiched between my two favorite seasons, spring and fall.

For whatever reason, I hope we have an early spring. Here in Tennessee, if you watch nature closely, you can see the slow turn toward spring begin in late February. The temperatures get a little warmer during the day, and it is not quite as cold at night.

Obviously, we will still have cold stretches, but the moderate temperatures of spring are just around the corner. I don't know how you folks who live up north can stand it. I'd love living up there in the summer, but this time of year would drive me nuts.

2 comments:

Mister Jimmy said...

Early or not I just hope it's a long Spring.

Joltin' Django said...

"As I have gotten older, I have become less patient with winter."

I guess I'm the odd man out (emphaisis on odd). Nothing would please me more than if the temperature never got above 40. One of these days when I have a lot of money, I'm gonna get me a summer home on Hudson Bay. Not only will it be cool there, I won't have to worry about frappin' tornadoes!