Monday, February 11, 2008

Pearl Jam, Metallica to headline Bonnaroo 2008

Pearl Jam and Metallica are going to headline Bonnaroo 2008, which is held each June in Manchester, TN. This is probably old news to those who closely follow the event, but because it is held in my town I thought it was worth posting. Several weeks ago, there was a big rumor that Led Zeppelin would play at the event, but that isn't the case (at least at this point).

Among the comedians performing is Janeane Garofalo. I only mention this because I wonder if Joltin' Django will consider attending just so he can chuck chili dogs at her. If he does, I hope he brings his own. If he buys them at the site, they will likely cost $10 a dog.

2 comments:

Joltin' Django said...

I'm an "undercover" member of Groupies for Garofalo. Not only will I be able to get into B'roo at a discount, my GfG card will get me discount burgers, hot dogs, cotton candy, bowls of chili, and beer.

First time Ms. Garofalo bitches 'bout George W., Iraq, Gov. A'nold, American "patriarchy," etc., she's gonna get pelted with foodstuffs (and beer), Manchester (by way o' Priest Lake)-style!

Joltin' Django said...

That said ...

My local Kroger has a half-dozen fantasy baseball mags on its shelf.

Won't be long 'fore it's baseball time in Tennessee!