Monday, June 9, 2008

Bonnaroo, part two: the 'Tower of Babel' comes to Manchester

In ancient times, mankind constructed the 'Tower of Babel' that was intended to reach into the heavens. However, it was a tower built for the glorification of man and not God. The result was punishment from God that scattered people throughout the earth and jumbled their languages (read Genesis 11 in the Old Testament for more information).

I thought about that tower when I visited my local Wal-Mart today. In preparation for Bonnaroo, there were stacks of beer and bottled water that reached high into the air. Not quite a tower, but it was a whole lot of beer and water.

What does this mean? I don't know. I just hope Manchester fares better during Bonnaroo than those people did back then.

2 comments:

Mister Jimmy said...

Shoot, if that was me? I'd build a tower like that in my front yard and sell stuff to the outta-towners. Stuff like beenie-weenies, denture cream, souvenir backscratchers, pop tarts, fish food, you know - the kind of stuff you don't know you need until you need it.
And you're set up perfectly to do that right in your front yard. Sounds to me like your positioned to be THE MAN.

Joltin' Django said...

All due respect to Mister Jimmy, here's how to make some money during Bonnaroo 2009:

All-cotton T-shirts can be produced at about $3-a-piece in quantities exceeding 1,000. Here's what we do: Invest enough money to produce 5,000 T-shirts, with a pot leaf screened on the front, which we'll sell for $15 bucks; and buy a couple of cases of condoms and put a dollar-price on each individual piece ... not pun intended.

We will CLEAN UP!!!