Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Remember to pray for our presidential candidates

Our presidential election is three months away, and for some, it can't come soon enough. Many folks are burned out on politics and want the campaign to end so they won't have to sit through any more speeches or commercials about why they should vote for a certain candidate.

I don't feel that way. I enjoy the give and take of our political scene, and presidential election years are especially interesting. Even though I won't publicly endorse a candidate, I do encourage all of you to study the issues and vote in November.

For reasons I can't explain, I believe the coming election is the most important one of my lifetime (I'm 43). As we move forward, we must remember to pray for all our elected officials, but especially those seeking the presidency.

Those of you reading this can follow your own heart regarding what you should specifically pray about, but make sure to include these people during your daily prayer time. If you don't have a daily prayer time, this would be a good time to start one.

Take this seriously.

1 comment:

Joltin' Django said...

"For reasons I can't explain, I believe the coming election is the most important one of my lifetime ..."

When Ronald Reagan said this ...

http://www.reaganlibrary.com/reagan/speeches/rendezvous.asp ...

in 1964, he could've been speakin' of 2008. Indeed.

If B. Hussein Obama wins in November, we might as well turn over the nation's economic well-being to Great Society ghouls like Ted Kennedy, and we can turn foreign policy over to idiots like Joe Biden and Chris Dodd.

I weep for the future.