Monday, October 13, 2008

Coffee County selected third best place to tailgate before high school football games

Each Friday during the high school football season, The Tennessean has been highlighting the best the sport has to offer in lots of categories.

Last Friday, the newspaper selected Coffee County High School (which is located in Manchester) as the third best place to tailgate before a game in the mid-state.

Ranked above us were David Lipscomb and Franklin High.

This came as a big surprise to me because I sometimes wonder whether the newspaper knows we have a team based on their coverage of the mid-state.

Still, it's nice to be recognized.

4 comments:

Joltin' Django said...

Long story short:

Lipscomb has been a good tail-gaiting high school for some 20 years. When I was attending a Nashville-area private high school, Lipscomb was one of our regular opponents. When I was a senior, my school was out of the playoffs, but I was rather sweet on a Lipscomb cheerleader (I'd later learn that she was sweet on me as well). Three buds and I decided to spectate at Lipscomb's first playoff game ... and we stole a cooler packed with 27 fully-cooked, wrapped bun-and-burger hamburgers. We drove around for 2 hours after stealing the cooler trying to find enough buds to eat our 20 "left-over" hamburgers.

What an ass I was ...!

Anonymous said...

THE PIT IN FAYETTEVILLE IS A GOOD PLACE TO TAIL GATE TOO.

Joltin' Django said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joltin' Django said...

"FAYETTEVILLE"

Man, my Mom and Dad were born in Fayetteville; all my grandparents were born in Lincoln County; and three of my great-grandparents were born in Lincoln County. Thus, I know all about The Pit.

I'll not comment on the tailgating that goes on 'round The Pit; what I will do is go out on a limb and say that Lincoln County's football stadium may very well be the most ferocious venue in which an away team can play.

Go Falcons!