Saturday, November 15, 2008

I'm picking the Titans until they lose

Last week, I picked the Tennessee Titans to lose to Chicago primarily because I thought the law of averages would finally catch up with them. Big mistake. The Titans controlled the game throughout and won 21-14. I won't make that mistake again. I'm sticking with the Titans until they finally lose.

This week, the Titans travel to Jacksonville for a rematch of their week one game. Jacksonville is 4-5 and has been one of the most disappointing teams in the league so far. The defense has struggled, and until last week, running back Maurice Jones-Drew had not been making much of an impact.

However, if the Titans can go to Chicago and beat up on a good team in the cold and snow, then why can't they do it in sunny Florida? Sounds reasonable to me.

The pick: Tennessee 18 Jacksonville 14

Other picks: Carolina over Detroit, Cleveland over Buffalo, Pittsburgh over San Diego, New Orleans over Kansas City, Tampa Bay over Minnesota

Last week: 4-2 (.667), Overall: 37-22 (.627)

2 comments:

Joltin' Django said...

I was listening to Joe Biddle (560 AM) on my way home yesterday and he was all but predicting a Titans loss. I guess we'll see.

Chris Martin said...

Titans 24 Jaguars 14. After playing a pretty bad first half (penalties, missed tackles, and offensive lethargy), the Titans roared to life in the second half, outscoring the Jags 21-0. Another quality road win.