Tuesday, November 11, 2008

This can't be: Golfer nails 5 holes-in-one in a week

I don't play golf that much anymore, but I can attest that it is a difficult, challenging, and even cruel sport at times. Non-players can't identify with this because they can't understand what could possibly be so difficult about hitting a ball that isn't moving. But trust me, it is difficult.

With this in mind, consider the recent streak amateur golfer Curt Hocker of Kappa, Ill., went through. Within one week, he scored five holes-in-one, according to an Associated Press story. So far this year, he has seven of them, and five occurred on par-4s.

Remarkable. The AP story doesn't include what the odds of doing this is, but it has to be in the trillions.

Some folks just have a knack for such things, I guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I killed a gopher with a stick once ...

Chris Martin said...

Do you mean gopher or golfer? We could be on to something here.