Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Songs to begin 2009 with

I spend way too much time driving each week. However, the upside of this is that I get to listen to a lot of CDs as I cruise down the interstate. Here are a few songs you might want to check out as 2009 begins.

'I'm Waiting for the Day' -- The Beach Boys
'Let's Go Away for a While' -- The Beach Boys
'Mysterious Ways' -- U2
'Beautiful Day' -- U2
'One' -- U2
'Until the End of the World' -- U2
'Staring at the Sun' -- U2
'The First Time' -- U2
'I Looked Away' -- Derek and the Dominos
'Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad?' -- Derek and the Dominos
'Little Wing' -- Derek and the Dominos
'Slip Kid' -- The Who
'Blue, Red, and Grey' -- The Who
'Eminence Front' -- The Who
'Saturday Night’s Alright (for Fighting)/Take Me to the Pilot' -- The Who


3 comments:

Mister Jimmy said...

D & the Ds is one of the greatest rock albums ever, ever - ever. One of the "you can only have x number of albums on the desert island" albums.
Why not post your own selection of the ten albums you'd take?

Joltin' Django said...

'Until the End of the World'

Best tune on U2's "Achtung Baby"

'Eminence Front'

Has always been one of my favorite Who tunes (and it was one of the first songs I could play note-for-note on the guitar)

Chris Martin said...

"Why not post your own selection of the ten albums you'd take?"


I've thought about that. It'll probably happen at some point. Have to give it some deep, deep thought.