Monday, February 2, 2009

Why do Nashville TV stations have newscasts at 4 a.m.?

When I go to bed most nights, I have a habit of falling asleep with the television on. I don't know why, but it just works out that way. I have noticed when I wake up during the night that most of Nashville's television stations begin newscasts as early as 4 a.m. The time varies between the stations, but these folks are on the air early.

I know we are a 24-hour-a-day news cycle world, but do we really need this? It's good to get the news headlines and weather when first waking up, but this seems like overkill. What happens in Nashville overnight that is serious enough to warrant being on the air this early? Not much, I believe.

On the bright side, I get to start the day looking at Sharon Puckett. Is it just me or has she really held up well over the years?

3 comments:

Mister Jimmy said...

You watch the news and Sharon Puckett, Joe watches Matlock. Ya'll should start a club.

Chris Martin said...

What if Sharon Puckett could have somehow appeared on Matlock? Now, that would have been an entertaining hour.

Anonymous said...

"Is it just me or has she really held up well over the years?"


The answer: Yes!