Thursday, August 6, 2009

I still don't get televised poker

I was surfing through my television channels the other night, and I stumbled across two networks that were both showing poker at the same time. I don't understand the appeal of televised poker. Obviously, this must draw good ratings because I see it all the time, and it has been televised for several years. Still, how entertaining is it to watch four or five people play cards?

A lot of times these people wear sunglasses so their opponents cannot see their eyes. I guess that makes sense, but it makes them look like they are wearing masks. So, we are basically watching people playing cards who are wearing masks.

Sorry, but I've got better things to do...like plunging 10-inch steel needles into my eyes.

And watching C-SPAN.

No comments: