Sunday, August 2, 2009

I wouldn't want to be in Erin Andrews' shoes

Deep down, most of us have wondered at one time or another what it would be like to be famous. How would it feel to be on the receiving end of so much attention and love? It would have to be great, wouldn't it? America is a fame-driven culture so lives must become easy when people make it to the top.

Of course, I am romanticizing things. Fame does not take away problems. It may remove some, but there are other problems just waiting to take their place.

ESPN sideline reporter Erin Andrews is famous, but she has experienced the dark side of fame in recent weeks after it was discovered that a wacko videotaped her while she was relaxing alone in a hotel room.

In the coming weeks, she will return to her job covering college sports. She is a good reporter, but some of her fame was attained because she is quite attractive. College men have always taken a liking to her, and I'm guessing the scrutiny they place on her will go through the roof when she visits campuses this fall covering football.

I'm sure she likes her job, but I'm not sure anybody should have to go through what she is about to go through.

Fame isn't all it is built up to be.

I'll take my quiet life in my small town and be content with that.

Who needs all that other crap?

No comments: