Thursday, October 14, 2010

'The Apostle' a movie well worth seeing

A week or so ago, I finally got around to seeing The Apostle starring Robert Duvall. It was first rate, and I highly recommend it.

Duvall plays a well-respected preacher who loses control and commits a crime of passion. He flees and the film deals with him rebuilding his life as law enforcement closes in on him.

The film has an excellent supporting cast. I thought Billy Bob Thornton was especially good even though he was only in a few scenes. Farrah Fawcett, June Carter Cash, and Miranda Richardson are also in it.

For those wishing to read a longer review, click here.

Some of the movie's scenes were so realistic that I thought I was watching a documentary instead of a work of fiction.

Watching this is a good way to spend two hours.

No comments: