Tuesday, October 16, 2012

New movie 'Argo' worth your time and attention

I recently caught the new Ben Affleck film Argo and I heartily recommend it.  Set in the late 1970s and early 80s, its plot focuses on attempts to rescue American citizens hiding in the Canadian embassy in Iran just after the United States' embassy was seized.

I have read some criticism of the film because some feel the Canadians' role in the event was watered down somewhat.  I do not know about that, but remember this is a Hollywood movie and not a historical documentary.  I believe the essence of the event was communicated to the audience, and we often see movies where filmmakers might have to manipulate some events for the sake of the plot.
The film co-stars Bryan Cranston, John Goodman, and Alan Arkin.  It is rated R mostly for language so it is not a film to take the kiddies to.  It is worth your time.
Click here for a more in-depth review.

No comments: