Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The verdict on KFC's new grilled chicken: it's pretty good


Oprah Winfrey gave KFC tons of publicity regarding its new grilled chicken. In Nashville, colleagues of mine told me of the long lines at restaurants as people went there to use their free chicken coupon.

Because of this, I purposely stayed away from KFC until today. I tried the new chicken, and I liked it. It was a lot more tender than I was expecting, which is critical for grilled chicken. It retained its juiciness and had a nice flavor.

Obviously, this is fast food chicken we are talking about, and it will never be as good as grandma's. However, if you are in a hurry and have a taste for chicken, this is a pretty good option to consider.

1 comment:

Joltin' Django said...

I've not yet tried KFC's "grilled" chicken. I hope to do so soon.

Now, when it comes to The Colonel's chicken-serving restaurants, lemme say this:

KFC serves the best fast-food green beans ... period.