Sunday, August 22, 2010

Me want Krispy Kreme bacon cheeseburger...me want it now

Recently, I have become more and more fixated on the Krispy Kreme bacon cheeseburger. For those who don't know, this delicacy is a conventional bacon cheeseburger but a Krispy Kreme donut is used for the bun. It is not served nationally by a restaurant chain, but it has popped up at several state fairs and minor league baseball parks.

Based on what I have read, one of them runs somewhere between 1,000 and 1,500 calories. Since adults should only eat 2,000 calories per day, one of these babies can bankrupt a person's diet.

I have never eaten one, and I know I should not eat one. But I want one really bad. Bacon, beef, cheese, and donut in one sandwich...oh baby, oh baby, oh baby, oh baby, oh baby.

For kids reading this, don't do what I do, but do what I say. Don't eat one. I'm just a poor man whose taste buds have gotten the better of him.

I'm heading to a very dark place.

No comments: